One of the largest full service broker, Sharekhan is based in Mumbai, and has a client base of more than 17 lakh accounts. Sharekhan, is one of the biggest names in Indian equity and derivative trading and was a pioneer in the field of online trading. Sharekhan’s holding company is BNP Paribas, a Euronext Paris Stock Exchange listed entity with a history in banking. It is regulated by Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
Sharekhan was established in the year 2000 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Originally, Sharekhan was a subsidiary of SSKI Group and it later got acquired by BNP Paribas Group. Sharekhan’s network is spread over 550 cities. Here, they are spread out in over 1850 offices, with a presence in middle-eastern countries like Oman and UAE.
Sharekhan offers a wide range on investment and advisory services like market news, comprehensive research reports, stock quotes, fundamental and statistical analysis and such information thereof. With Sharekhan, you can invest in a variety of avenues like equity, futures and options, commodities and also investment in IPO's, mutual funds, insurance, bonds and NCD's.
It provides trading execution facilities on both equity and derivatives segments on BSE as well as NSE, commodities trading facilities on both MCX and NCDEX. Along with that, Sharekhan also offer depository services for your dematerialised assets.
Sharekhan has a huge emphasis on research, and also operates its research teams that publishes investment advices, various stock tips, quarterly result of companies and its analysis, and news alerts to customers though email, SMS and notifications on web portal and application. Sharekhan also provides an excellent knowledge centre on its site, helping beginners to clear their basics while also helping market investors of all kind.
Whats more? Along with that, frequently, Sharekhan offers free online and classroom seminars and workshops to investors, with experts who have experience in the market. Their customer care representation is also a class in itself, with each account coming with online and offline help from a representative, usually time bound.
Sharekhan also excels in its simplicity, which shows in the way it classifies its accounts
1. Classic Account: This type of account is for investors and infrequent traders. The account offers demat services for your dematerialised assets, along with offering trading in equities, debt and commodities. It offers online portal through website and email, along with telephonic order placement.
2. TradeTiger Account: This type of account offers all of the above features, along with access to Sharekhan’s proprietary programme TradeTiger, for advanced and frequent traders. It offers a number of tools like Tick Query, Ticker, Market Summary, Action Watch and also offers real time updates on price movement for fast and efficient trading. It also has tie-ups with 12 banks for instant transfer of funds.
1. ShareKhan TradeTiger: TradeTiger is Sharekhan’s proprietary trading terminal, downloadable for desktop. It is created for active traders, and offers features like API integration for algorithm based trading and trading directly through excel, along with basic terminal features like bird’s eye view of market and advanced charting.
2. Sharekhan Website: Sharekhan also offers trading services through its website, however it is more for basic users and long term investors not in need for real time movements. It offers basic features like trading and IPO investments, as well as news alerts.
ShareKhan’s Mobile Trading Application : The mobile application available for both android and iOS offers services like watchlists, market stats and advanced charting.
3. ShareKhan Mini: This is ShareKhan’s low bandwith website for fast and efficient trading, for users who have troubled internet connection.
4. ShareKhan Dial and Trade: Sharekhan also offers services to dial and trade through phone, which offers benefits like understanding market insights with an expert, secure processing, etc.
The Demat and trading account can be opened online with no charges associated. Users can fill in the application and attach necessary documents on its website to open the respective account. It should take less than a day to open your Demat and trading account successfully. Also, maintenance charges are levied which are quite reasonable.
Share khan offers a simple way of opening a demat and trading account. For those willing to know a detailed orientation as to how it can be opened? Then it has been illustrated below.
|Demat Account Opening Charges||₹0|
|Trading Acc Opening Charges||₹0|
|Trading Account AMC||₹0|
|Demat Account AMC||₹400 (Free for 1st year with trading account)|
|Plan Name||Classic Account|
|Equity Options||₹50 per lot|
|Currency Options||₹30 per lot|
|Plan Name||Prepaid (₹1 lakh) Fixed Monthly Fee Plan|
|Equity Options||0.05% or ₹63 per lot|
|Plan Name||Margin (₹1 lakh) Plan|
|Equity Options||1% or ₹70 per lot|
Yes, currency trading is available as a trading option with Sharekhan. All the transactions are carried out through the NSE, MCX-SX, and USE. However, for those looking to trade in the currency segment, they will require a trading account to be set up with Sharekhan. Moreover, the brokerage charges are
Sharekhan does provide commodity trading through its dedicated trading tools. Anyone with a PAN card and above 18 years of age can trade in the commodity segment. Moreover, the stockbroker provides education lesion to helps users trade in the commodity segments.
There are quite a few stockbrokers in the country