A Mumbai based entity, Motilal Oswal is one of the oldest brokerage firms providing various financial services. It has been operating for more than 30 years in this field, established in 1987. Motilal Oswal is a full service broker offering services ranging from trading to portfolio management. It has one of the largest client base in India, harbouring clients from all ends from retail investors to high-net-worth individuals, including but not limited to foreign institutional investors, mutual funds and financial institutions.
A subsidiary of Motilal Oswal Financial Service Limited, Motilal Oswal Securities Limited is a brokerage firm provides a wide range of trading options, including trading in equity, debt, derivatives and currencies across various stock exchanges like BSE, NSE, NCDEX, MCX. The firm also provides research based reports, in fact it invests about 10% of its revenue in such research practices, and it has published more than 30000 reports across 21 different industries, covering more than 250 companies.
Motilal Oswal’s services also include mutual fund investments, IPOs, fixed deposit, NCDs and portfolio management services. Along with that, it offers services like wealth management, international brokerage, private equity, investment banking, etc. In fact, Motilal Oswal’s Portfolio Management services have a history of outperforming benchmark indexes since it was established, in 2003. It also has platform to buy, redeem and sell gold through their Gold accumulation plan (GAP) which is powered by MMTC-PAMP India Pvt. Ltd.
All of this has resulted in Motilal Oswal’s popularity. Currently, Motilal Oswal has a wide customer base, with offices in more than 500 cities operating 2200+ branches, and why not? The company emphasizes on research, spends a huge amount and even has been recipient of acclaim and awards for it, such as India 's Best Market Analyst Award for IT & FMCG sector by Zee Business.
1. Default Account : The basic demat and trading account offers a wide range of investment options including trading customized to go with your risk appetite while factoring time. This account offers all kinds of investment avenues, including investments in Equity, Derivatives, Commodity, Currency, Mutual Funds, IPO, PMS, Insurance and Fixed Income Products. This type of account is best suited to long term stock market investors and retail investors, who aren’t too worried about brokerage.
2. Value Pack : Value Pack Account is a subscription scheme account, offering various discounts in brokerage rates. There are a huge range of value packs available from which customer can choose. It also offers all the investment avenues mentioned above. Value packs are for day traders, actively trading.
3. Margin Pack : In this type of account, margin is committed upfront, which resulting in huge brokerage discounts. Margin Scheme is also for day traders, who want to enjoy the benefits of margin trading. Stock Trading Platform and Services
Its key benefits include ACE i.e. Advise on Combination of Equities i.e. an algorithm based trading feature MO Genie: 24*7 Chat-bot for any query Robo Wealth: A Wealth manager for asset allocation
A Wallet (with a snapshot of your orders and positions) Market Screeners Real time charts Provide Bulk order functionality Trade Guide Signal, Option Writer, etc.
Motilal Oswal’s high speed trading terminal that provides a smooth trading experience. Advanced charting, research based recommendations, trade guide signal are some of its main highlights.
India's first smartwatch app for android and apple watch. Enjoy instant alerts on market updates, global indices, your portfolio, margins, etc.
With over 3 decades of experience in trading and investment, Motilal Oswal is a well-established player in the stock broking industry.
The account opening process is quite simple and is similar to other stock brokers in India.
A slight difference here, your account opening fee, brokerage, and other charges may vary as per the plan you have selected.
1. Default Plan: Basic Account Opening Charges (as displayed in table below)
2. Value Pack: You have to pay an upfront fee of Rs.2500 to Rs.1 lakh to open a lifeti,e validity demat and trdaing account. The Demat account AMC is Rs. 299 or Rs.550 as per the scheme you opt for.
3. Margin Pack: Trading AMC is RS.299 or Rs.800 per year
|Demat Account Opening Charges||₹0|
|Trading Acc Opening Charges||₹1000 (One-time)|
|Trading Account AMC||₹0|
|Demat Account AMC||₹299|
|Plan Name||Value Pack Plan|
|Equity Delivery||From 0.10% to 0.40%|
|Equity Intraday||From 0.01% to 0.04% (both sides)|
|Equity Futures||From 0.01% to 0.04% (both sides)|
|Equity Options||From ₹20 to ₹50 per lot (both sides)|
|Currency Futures||From ₹10 to ₹22 per lot (both sides)|
|Currency Options||From ₹10 to ₹22 per lot (both sides)|
|Commodity Options||From 0.01% to 0.04% (both sides)|
|Plan Name||Margin Pack|
|Equity Delivery||from 0.15% to 0.50%|
|Equity Intraday||from 0.015% to 0.05% (both side)|
|Equity Futures||From 0.015% to 0.05% (both side)|
|Equity Options||From ₹25 to ₹100 per lot (both sides)|
|Currency Futures||₹20 per lot (both sides)|
|Currency Options||₹20 per lot (both sides)|
|Commodity Options||From 0.015% to 0.05% (both side)|
|Plan Name||Default Plan|
|Equity Intraday||0.05% (both side)|
|Equity Futures||0.05% (both side)|
|Equity Options||₹100 per lot (both side)|
|Currency Futures||₹20 per lot (both side)|
|Currency Options||₹20 per lot (both side)|
|Commodity Options||0.05% (both side)|
|Equity Intraday||20x for Margin+ (Over 140 Stocks), Other stocks: 4x|
|Equity Future||Upto 3x|
|Commodity Future||Upto 3x|