To open a demat account, users will require a filled applciation, Aadhar card, PAN card, address proof, photographs, bank statement, and income proof.
We keep on reading about different stock brokers offering demat account in India. Have you analysed what are the basic and most important documents required for opening a demat account with any of the stock brokers.
Firstly, you need to fill the basic details and personal information in Demat form.
For your reference, I have compiled a list of crucial documents that you must have while opening a new demat account. The list is more or similar for all the stock broking companies.
1. PAN Card: This is mandatory for all individuals
2. A Proof of identity: This can be your driving license, PAN, AADHAR, Voter ID.
3. A Proof of Address: AADHAR, Passport, Voter ID.
4. Bank account proof: It can be a cancelled cheque or copy of bank passbook. Bank statement not older than 3 months can also be provided.
5. Income proof: This is mainly required if you wish to trade in derivatives. ITR acknowledgement, salary slip etc.
6. Photographs: 2-3 passport size. Moreover, if yo open account online and do e-verification, you may not require this as well. Isn't that great?
Have you opened your demat and trading account? If yes, you might be knowing what documents you submitted for the same. If not, just note this list and keep these handy while opening your demat account.
What I believe is, opening a demat account has become very easy these days. Since the entire process has been made more convenient for the customers. What are your views on the demat account opening process? The inclination towards online account opening, e-signing and quicker processing has further simplified the whole system.
You would requires your PAN Card, Bank account statement, Aadhaar card and you're good. You don't need anything else. But based on the stock broker, additional information might be requested.